Susan Nierenberg, Chapter Coordinator
365 Edgewood Ave.
Teaneck, NJ 07666-3024
Phone: (201) 995-3668
We cordially invite you to come to an Adult Issues North chapter meeting and see how we might help you or your loved one, and how you can share your knowledge to help improve the lives of others.
February 15 – Information and Support
Information on ABLE accounts: Maria Curry will discuss the account she started out-of-state.
In order to get maximum benefit from the discussion, here are some additional resource you might look at before the meeting:
- From Shari Schwartz, a web page with summaries of the existing state programs: http://time.com/money/4618317/529-able-savings-account-states/. There are other informative pages linked to it.
- www.ablenrc.org provides information and webinars on many aspects of ABLE accounts. Two examples: http://www.ablenrc.org/about/what-are-able-accounts, and http://ablenrc.org/events/webinar-able-accounts-trusts-financial-and-benefits-planning
- Do you have ABLE information? Please let us know, and please be part of the discussion.
- We may have time for other topics as well, so please bring other information or questions.
March 15 – Patrick Chieffe, Housing Coordinator for United Way
A brief description of Patrick: Patrick Chieffe is currently Housing Services Coordinator with Bergen County United Way/Madeline Housing Partners, who build and maintain residences for individuals with disabilities. In addition to overseeing the residences, he evaluates housing applicants and oversees their needs throughout their tenancy: resolving problems, connecting them with other resources, and in general monitoring their quality of life and assisting where possible to maximize that quality. Previously he worked with Life Enhancement Services, a Support Broker/Coordination agency, facilitating individuals’ procurement of support and services.
- What would you like to know about the UW resident housing process?
- What other areas are important for you?
- Please give me your questions or specific areas of interest as soon as possible to be sure Patrick addresses your question.
Please plan to join us for both these great meetings! And save the dates of future meetings:
April 19 – Information and Support
May 17 – Speaker to be determined
June 21 – Summer Solstice Party